John Tuck Elementary
Title 1A Parent Involvement Plan
- John Tuck will take the following actions to involve parents in the joint development of its parent involvement plan:
- The John Tuck Leadership Team will include parent representatives, who will provide input into the plan.
- The John Tuck Leadership Team will work as a team to develop a Parent Involvement Plan.
- Schedule future meetings to plan for specific activities throughout the year.
- John Tuck will plan and implement effective parent involvement activities to improve student academic achievement and school performance:
- Provide parents with information about the curriculum, instructional programs, Title 1A program, and progress towards meeting school goals and state standards.
- Provide meaningful and varied opportunities for parents to be involved in supporting their child’s academic achievement.
- Provide outreach for parents of limited English proficiency students to bolster their ability to participate in their child’s education.
- John Tuck will build school and parent capacity for strong parental involvement:
- Conduct an annual parent survey requesting parental input on workshops and trainings offered during the school year, as well as input into the parent involvement policy or plan.
- Schedule parent activities at a variety of times to meet the needs of most families.
- Provide childcare and literacy/math materials at scheduled events.
- John Tuck will, to the extent feasible and appropriate, coordinate and integrate parent involvement programs with local community resources:
- Provide calendars or notice fliers of community events.
- Partner with programs such as the Redmond Public Library, FAN and Head Start to support literacy.
- Provide parent activities or workshops based on information collected from parent surveys—including, but not limited to homework support, behavior management and whole family literacy.
- John Tuck will take the following actions to ensure that information related to the school and parent programs, meetings, and other activities is sent to parents of participating students in an understandable and uniform format, including in languages parent can understand:
- Provide, whenever possible, pertinent school information in the parents’ native language.
- Utilize interpreters, offer workshops to parents in their home language when possible.
- Use friendly, familiar language that is not complicated by ‘educational’ or ‘legal’ jargon.
This School Level Parent Involvement Plan has been developed jointly with, and agreed on by parent representatives and staff members of John Tuck Elementary School.
Date created/revised: October 23, 2013